找回密碼
 申請討論區帳戶
查看: 4083|回復: 6

Eclipse chasers at Anji

[複製鏈接]
發表於 2009-7-23 17:47:36 | 顯示全部樓層 |閱讀模式
Hi,
About 60 observers join the IAU Solar Eclipse Expedition.  Jay M Pasachoff is the leader.  Teams from Williams College, NASA, Greece, France, Italy, India (3 teams), Russia, Japan are all represented.  Chinese teams from Yunan Observatory, Nanjing University (Dept. of Astronomy), National Observatory, Shandong University are all here.  Ho Cham and I join in the last minute.
Apart from this official expedition team, More than 15 bus loads of eclipse chasers from many overseas tours were there also, and all gathered rounf the dam of the "Tian Chi".
Here are some sna[localimg=400,267]6[/localimg]p shots before the eclipse, when everyone was still wondering if the cloud will clear in time.

PTS
French equipment with film camera.JPG
Can you add more.JPG
4 refractors is not enough, I need another Vixen.jpg
ALl hand-made from Russia.JPG
Twin DMF 16-inch from India.JPG
another view.jpg
Heliostat to feed equipment in tent-from India.JPG
Another Indian team.JPG
發表於 2009-7-24 18:47:10 | 顯示全部樓層
Wow!!!
What a great equipment they have...I wish I can join one of the observation. Very serious....

PTS, how is your flash spectrum?
 樓主| 發表於 2009-7-24 21:20:55 | 顯示全部樓層

回復 2# 的帖子

I got a few images of spectrum during totality.  But I discovered I need seconds of exposures and yet the emmission lines didn't show much.  I 'll process the images to see if I did capture any.  The continuum part is well recorded, but that is not my goal.

PTS
 樓主| 發表於 2009-7-25 11:08:09 | 顯示全部樓層

回復 2# 的帖子

Yes, you can join their future expeditions...
The next one will be 2010 in Peru.  Bu tthe cost will be beyond my financial capability.  Pasachoff told me that the trip itself will be US$6000(departure from US, add US$2000 if you go from HK) and then the local hotels will charge US$700 per day.

The next one will be more affordable, 2012 in NE Australia.  We can start planning now, and make better preparation with our scientific programe.

PTS
發表於 2009-7-28 14:30:27 | 顯示全部樓層
The 2010 eclipse too far and costly.
I think the 2012 eclipse will be my target from now.
Yes, we can start planning our scientific observation. Hope to hear some of your idea...
 樓主| 發表於 2009-7-28 17:30:00 | 顯示全部樓層

回復 5# 的帖子

I am writing an article (maybe for the HKAS Newsletter) on the scientific projects of the different groups (The Williams College team, the 3 Indian teams, the French team, etc) who observed the 2009 July 22 eclipse in Anji (or in fact it should be Tianhuangping).  Maybe we can learn something from them.

PTS
發表於 2009-7-28 19:38:16 | 顯示全部樓層
Just can't wait to see your article. Hope to see your observation report also.
My report still on the way. Hope to share with you all later.
您需要登錄後才可以回帖 登錄 | 申請討論區帳戶

本版積分規則

Archiver|手機版|小黑屋|香港天文學會

GMT+8, 2024-5-14 10:55 , Processed in 0.020467 second(s), 22 queries .