找回密碼
 申請討論區帳戶
樓主: PTS

My first spectrum of Epsilon Aurigae

[複製鏈接]
 樓主| 發表於 2009-2-23 09:02:58 | 顯示全部樓層

回復 10# 的帖子

Willis,
Actually there is no need to wait for the Workshop.  There are workshop session tomorrow evening and this Saturday.  You can come and join me.  I'll be observing if the sky permits.

PTS
發表於 2009-2-23 10:04:03 | 顯示全部樓層
Do u mean Tue evening?  When is the exact time?  Can I drive to Ho Koon...  Whay is the theme of the workshop?
 樓主| 發表於 2009-2-23 11:41:16 | 顯示全部樓層

回復 12# 的帖子

The Teachers' Workshop is to make the teachers ready for the astronomy part of the Physics course, required by the 3-3-4 structure.  There are 9 workshops as arranged, each consists of 1 Saturday afternoon and 2 evenings.
Usually I arrive at 6:30 pm.  You can drive to Hokoon.

PTS
發表於 2009-2-23 15:09:06 | 顯示全部樓層
Mr.PTS,

I am a student of Dr.Chu and we met last time in Ma Wan, I hope you remember me and I am interested on the eclipse of epsilon aurigae for a long time. I am currently managing the New Asia observatory in CUHK and I hope that CUHK students especially year 1 or 2 physics students can join the epsilon aurigae observation campaign so that a continuous 2 years observation can be achieved.(I myself will graduate this year) I don't know whether there are any classmates would like to take part on it but I would like to provide the first step, which is the observation apparatus and technique.So, if you have any suggestion on what I need to prepare for this campaign, I hope that you can give me a email or just simply post here. Thank You!

Prince Chan
email: [email protected]
 樓主| 發表於 2009-2-23 15:37:44 | 顯示全部樓層

回復 14# 的帖子

Prince,
Yes I remember you.
In fact I am still trying to finish my proposal on this project.  I talked to Porf. Chu during the IYA2009 opening.  He is in support of the project.
My plan for university students is CCD photometry.  
For Epsilon Aurigae, we can use wide-field imaging because the star is "too bright" and bright stars tend to be far apart.
Thus a DSLR with a 50-100 mm lens will meet our requirement.

If you have tracking, you can use normal imaging.  If no tracking is available, star trail will also serve the purpose.
For this campaign, please see:

http://www.hposoft.com/Campaign09.html

PTS
發表於 2009-2-23 20:03:22 | 顯示全部樓層
May I know the QHY8 is color or B/W camera? In case of color, how to interplete those data since there got CFA in front of CCD.
 樓主| 發表於 2009-2-24 08:37:46 | 顯示全部樓層

回復 16# 的帖子

The QHY is colour ccd.
In fact I am still figuring how to accurately process the data.  However, my previous spectra are captured using Canon 300D or 40D, both are colour cameras.
I'll capture in FITS format, which shows only the signal level of each pixel.  After pre-processing (bias, dark and flat fielded) then I can DEBAYER the image to separate the 3 colour components.
But I am considering if the 2nd step is really necessary for my spectroscopy work.
I am still in thelearning process.

PTS
發表於 2009-2-26 14:35:44 | 顯示全部樓層
Dear PTS,
    Just got the confirmation of the 3 days workshop. I will take part in 7,13,27 March workshop in Ho Koon. Will u be there?
Regards,
Willis

PS* u may overlook my PM
 樓主| 發表於 2009-2-26 14:46:31 | 顯示全部樓層

回復 18# 的帖子

Willis,
Your schedule seems to be new for me.  These dates are not marked on my diary.
However, I will be there for the 1st and 3rd session, so see you on Mar.7 and 27.

PTS
發表於 2009-2-26 14:53:45 | 顯示全部樓層
原帖由 PTS 於 2009-2-26 14:46 發表
Willis,
Your schedule seems to be new for me.  These dates are not marked on my diary.
However, I will be there for the 1st and 3rd session, so see you on Mar.7 and 27.

PTS

Good! See u then!  I will let u know how to recognize me..
您需要登錄後才可以回帖 登錄 | 申請討論區帳戶

本版積分規則

Archiver|手機版|小黑屋|香港天文學會

GMT+8, 2024-5-14 23:18 , Processed in 0.013037 second(s), 14 queries .