找回密碼
 申請討論區帳戶
查看: 4720|回復: 4

A spectrum of Rigel

[複製鏈接]
發表於 2009-1-16 00:20:20 | 顯示全部樓層 |閱讀模式
Hi,
This is a spectrum of Rigel, taken after the Betelguese spectrum with the same settings.

PTS
Rigel-a.jpg
Rigel-b.jpg
Rigel-c.jpg
Rigel-d.jpg
Rigel-e.jpg
Rigel-f.jpg
Rigel-g.jpg
Rigel-h.jpg
Rigel-i.jpg
Rigel-j.jpg
Rigel-k.jpg
發表於 2009-1-16 09:33:28 | 顯示全部樓層
thank you for sharing, maybe it's nice to put all spectrums from different stars side by side for comparison?
 樓主| 發表於 2009-1-16 10:25:22 | 顯示全部樓層
Oldfield,
Thank you for your comment.  I am still in the experiment stage, thus only very bright stars were tested.  I did try a star in the Seven Sisters (mag. about 2.9) but no spectra was captured in an exposure of 30s.  I could not afford more time because we were running a Teachers' astro course last night.

I am still trying to improve on the method of capturing the images.  I need to adjust the orientation of the camera to get  'horizontal" strips, and try various exposures to get better rendition of the absorption lines, etc before these spectra can be used.

Another thing is the calibration.  The resolution of the spectrograph may be too high (rsolving power at ~17000)for stella work, and I need more than 10 images to cover the whole visible spectrum.  The calibration with the built-in NEON lamp simply cannot provide reference lines in all these images. I am still finding a way to overcome this problem.  Without calibration, I cannot compare the spectra.

PTS
發表於 2009-1-16 11:06:41 | 顯示全部樓層
Hi PTS,

Do you have any means of converting the image into the graphical form?  It may be better to present it in terms of a intensity vs wavelength graph.

YCH
 樓主| 發表於 2009-1-16 15:42:10 | 顯示全部樓層
CH,
Yes, either IRIS or Visualspec will do. Both are free.
I need to improve the spectrum image & calibration before I can convert them into line graphs.

PTS
您需要登錄後才可以回帖 登錄 | 申請討論區帳戶

本版積分規則

Archiver|手機版|小黑屋|香港天文學會

GMT+8, 2024-5-16 00:53 , Processed in 0.028242 second(s), 22 queries .