請問甚麼天文儀器較適合新手?
甚麼牌子有保證?
可以在哪裡買?
價錢約幾多?
謝謝。

Wales
發表於 2008-5-28 23:56:38 | 顯示全部樓層

Try before buy

So come to some star gazing activities and see which brands / models are there as choices.  Forum (e.g. here), star camps organized by societies (e.g. HKAS) have some people around who are the local dealer of scopes and equipments.

Usually a pair of binocular is good for beginner, usually 7x50 (7x - magnification  / or we call "zoom"  ; 50 - diameter of the objective lens), of course depends on your budget too. This is good for some deep sky objects like nebulae, clusters and can be your life-long partner.

Apart from a similar binocular, I also own a small J-brand (J for japanese null brand) 8cm f/7 refractive telescope (8cm - diameter of objective lens ; f/7 - focal ratio, i.e. the focal length of the objective lens is 8cm x 7 = 56 cm), of which I use to watch / photo the moon / the Sun.  Of course there are much more better options.  Come to star camp and find out !

David^_^b
 樓主| 發表於 2008-5-29 20:08:25 | 顯示全部樓層
David^_^b,

Thanks a  lot for your suggestion and information. Now I can make up my mind which type of binoculars I'am going to look for. Moreover, I hope I can join some star gazing activities in the summer holidays so that I can learn more about the mysterious and beautiful sky.
I heard from someone that there are a few shops in Ap Liu Street selling telescope and binoculars. What is your own opinion of those equipment to beginners? Are the quality acceptable and the price reasonable?
Thank you.

Wales
發表於 2008-5-30 00:45:55 | 顯示全部樓層

Those shops in Ap Liu Street

cannot provide qualified telescope for astronomy, but may be fine for other purpose (mainly horse race watching, basic bird watching).  Most of those scopes are toy-level for astronomy, don't buy if you try to use it to watch night sky objects.

However, we adopt some accessories supporting our star watching activity, say I bought a camera tripod for taking photo, which can be cheaper with acceptable quality.

You may also share other's experience in star camp before going there to buy, as you might find a way to get discount !
發表於 2008-5-30 09:09:40 | 顯示全部樓層
there're some good stuff in Apliu Street, but you have to know how to choose

so, as David suggested, join a few stargazing party before making your decision
您需要登錄後才可以回帖 登錄 | 申請討論區帳戶

本版積分規則

Archiver|手機版|小黑屋|香港天文學會

GMT+8, 2024-5-7 23:36 , Processed in 0.016119 second(s), 19 queries .