找回密碼
 申請討論區帳戶
查看: 8389|回復: 10

Hi there! Some pictures and advice! xp

[複製鏈接]
發表於 2008-5-4 18:59:37 | 顯示全部樓層 |閱讀模式
I have a lot of these pictures, like 20 or 30 something. These pictures were sent to me by my Daddy. (Sweet! =])  And they are just soooo beautiful! Wonderful! Amazing! Anything! LOL
They are all REAL PICTURES from the HUBBLE TELESCOPE. Hope you will enjoy.

By the way, I dont know much about Astonomy, and I'm really interested in it as I buy books to read. So I would like to know more about the Cosmo, and I'm planning to join the Hong Kong Astronomy Society. =]  If you guys got any information about Astronomy that are easy to understand and see or read, please inform me and I would be so happy and pleased to recieve anything that you give me. Thanks!

Also, I'm planning to go to UK to study F.6-7 and University ( I'm planning to study and research anything about Astronomy), please give me advice on anything and please give me more. I will be very very happy to know more about my choices and more about wether I chose the right thing or not.

Thanks! Your da best!
Karen

[ 本帖最後由 Karen_Koh 於 2008-5-4 19:02 編輯 ]

These are the pictures taken by the Hubble Telescope

發表於 2008-5-4 23:25:00 | 顯示全部樓層
Dear Karen,

I guess you are really interested in astronomy because you buy books to read.

Astronomy is a mix of interests. Some people like astronomy just because they want to play on telescopes and cameras from which they produce beautiful star pictures. Others like astronomy because they are more keen on the quest of our cosmos with scientific goals.

In universities, professors and students of astronomy are likely the second kind. If you are planning to be such student, get good foundations on physics and mathematics in F.6-7. These two subjects are prerequisites in formal courses of astronomy.

My two cents
Alan Chu
 樓主| 發表於 2008-5-5 16:18:15 | 顯示全部樓層

回復 2# 的帖子

What is the word 'good' in maths and physics mean? I mean, how many marks should i get so it's stands for good? or should i take some test and see how many marks am i? And wat levels should i get? how do u know it is good or not? in my school, i got maths and physics both pretty good, they are sometimes 80 sth or even 90 sth. But i'm in F.3 right now and my school isnt those school who are really good. my school is like band 2 sth like that. So i dont know wat is my range in the wrold or even in hong kong.  Can you give me some advice please? And thanks for the advice u gave me too.
發表於 2008-5-5 16:32:23 | 顯示全部樓層
Hi,

Among those picture above, not all from Hubble Space Telescope. The aurora and Sun image not taken by Hubble. Hubble not design to point at the Sun, if point to Sun directly, the main mirror will gone.

I think no matter what level of your school is, you can get those mark mean that you  got potential to get higher mark in schools with higher level. When you wanna enter university, there sure have to sit an examination. So, do well on that examination to ensure that you can enter university for study whatever subject you want.
發表於 2008-5-5 16:42:37 | 顯示全部樓層
Just checked this from software animation. HK city dwellers may be difficult to see the partial solar eclipse in August 01, unless the observing site can see unblocked sea level (horizon).

發表於 2008-5-5 16:56:52 | 顯示全部樓層
Hi Karen,

Good foundation in physics & math does not necessarily mean 90 marks in exam. The most importance is your real understanding of the subject principle. Since you  learn them in school and got exam pass, you are on the right track towards higher education. Meanwhile, take easy and enjoy the fun of astronomy, both from book readings and sky observations.

AC
發表於 2008-5-5 22:48:54 | 顯示全部樓層
原帖由 Karen_Koh 於 2008-5-5 16:18 發表
What is the word 'good' in maths and physics mean? I mean, how many marks should i get so it's stands for good? or should i take some test and see how many marks am i? And wat levels should i get? how ...

Karen 你好,

莫論你的數理科取得多少分數, 都歡迎你參加本會舉辦的天文活動。
我們舉辦的活動, 不用考試, 沒有考核, 只要你喜歡天文,非常歡迎你參加。
 樓主| 發表於 2008-5-6 18:07:18 | 顯示全部樓層

回復 4# 的帖子

oic! thanks for the idea! can you also introduce to me something about telescopes? are there any website that i can know more about them? thanks
 樓主| 發表於 2008-5-6 18:08:50 | 顯示全部樓層

回復 5# 的帖子

I dont really know wat you are talking about... can you explaine more please?
 樓主| 發表於 2008-5-6 18:14:28 | 顯示全部樓層

回復 7# 的帖子

haha! the phrase no exam and no test is soo funny. xp
I'm not worrying about anything about test and exam. But i'm glad i'm so welcomed! I'll love it. =]
您需要登錄後才可以回帖 登錄 | 申請討論區帳戶

本版積分規則

Archiver|手機版|小黑屋|香港天文學會

GMT+8, 2024-5-14 10:28 , Processed in 0.018922 second(s), 22 queries .