[複製鏈接]
發表於 2009-1-13 12:48:50 | 顯示全部樓層 |閱讀模式

AC
 樓主| 發表於 2009-1-13 14:07:30 | 顯示全部樓層

Astropark in construction

AC
發表於 2009-1-15 13:00:39 | 顯示全部樓層
Dear Alan

I have not gone to the site visit on 11-01-09 and therefore do not know the actual site condition.

Would small pieces of equipments fall into the holes on the ground under the 10 piers ?

Where would the DC 12 (24 V?) supply be available ? Under each pier or collectively at one place or for several (eg 4) piers to share one power supply ?

As far as I understand, the piers and the DC supply will be among the 2 favourable items for individual astro observers/imagers (eg reducing weight of the equipments), while the transportation (vehicle access) arrangement is not yet well understood by amateurs.

Raymond Tse
 樓主| 發表於 2009-1-15 14:51:41 | 顯示全部樓層
Dear Raymond,

There were about 30 visitors from different parties on that day (Jan 11).  I was one of them. What I saw was a work site in-progress. No further news obtained from any officials. However, I understand those “ground holes” are not the finished version. They will be flattened up by clay. No worry.

As for the power supply from the piers, it is still unclear DC or AC, and when will it be available. On site I saw the piers were wire-ready but no connection outlet. So the “planning” does have electricity provision.  I heard (unofficially) that the power supply seems to be authorized by another Government department and not directly controlled by the planners of Astropark. Perhaps there are on-going negotiation among those departments. Anyway we, as citizens, have to wait and see.

For “lockers” provision to visitors, I saw only a cabin module by the side of the “Dome”, size about 2~3 m x 6~8 m. You can see this dome and cabin from my photo. I saw adjustable rack holes on the cabin interior, but I don’t know the cabin serves this purpose or not, nor transport arrangement after the park in service.

To me, the above conditions are all right for initial stage of the Astropark. It is pleased to see LCSD has moved the first step. But definitely we like to see all “planned stuff” are committed eventually.

AC
發表於 2009-1-22 15:46:17 | 顯示全部樓層
...天文公園位置係...?
發表於 2009-1-22 21:53:48 | 顯示全部樓層
西貢創興水上活動中心旁。
您需要登錄後才可以回帖 登錄 | 申請討論區帳戶

本版積分規則

Archiver|手機版|小黑屋|香港天文學會

GMT+8, 2024-4-16 19:43 , Processed in 0.013206 second(s), 16 queries .