找回密碼
 申請討論區帳戶
查看: 2712|回復: 2

Area around Sydney... Any good place for observation?

[複製鏈接]
發表於 2015-4-23 22:17:06 | 顯示全部樓層 |閱讀模式
I will have about a week there in August, wonder if there is any recommendation on motel/inn/resort for two to three nights of observations?  I'll probably spend a few days in Blue Mountain too... so any suggestions on hotel/inn/resort are appreciated, too.
發表於 2015-4-29 11:04:33 | 顯示全部樓層
I was supposed you will rent a car other than taking public transportations.

For your situation, I would suggest you stay in Katoomba, which is located west of Sydney and about 1.5 hr drive from the international airport. There is a very famous scenic spot there, namely Three Sisters, an icon of Blue Mountain area. Not far from Katoomba, there are some ancient towns nearby and Jenolan Caves worh visiting. Katoomba is not a big town, so light pollution from this town is not a big problem if you don't choose observation in the town. Many years ago, I stayed at a motel called Best Western Alpine Motor Inn. They have a rooftop. If you tell them of your request for doing astronomy at their rooftop, you may get their permission. But I don't know if it is still permitted now.  The sky is not totally dark indeed but has been much better than the very best dark sky in Shui Hau.

Hope above useful to you and welcome to  give me a call if you want to know more details.

LT
 樓主| 發表於 2015-5-1 10:03:13 | 顯示全部樓層
thanks for your suggestion, sounds great.
您需要登錄後才可以回帖 登錄 | 申請討論區帳戶

本版積分規則

Archiver|手機版|小黑屋|香港天文學會

GMT+8, 2024-3-28 20:53 , Processed in 0.011263 second(s), 16 queries .