找回密碼
 申請討論區帳戶
查看: 4367|回復: 5

iOptron Cube technical issue

[複製鏈接]
發表於 2010-6-4 16:29:24 | 顯示全部樓層 |閱讀模式
Right now if I put my cube in its "park position", when I ask it to slew to the Sun, the scope will go to the right side of the mount.

And I'm trying to do indoor imaging, so if the mount can put the telescope on its left side, it should be far better for me.  Is there any way that I can instruct the mount to point via the other side?

I've tried to slew the scope to the other side of the mount, but the software is "smart" enough to say that the scope is now pointing below the horizon... Any idea?
發表於 2010-6-4 18:24:35 | 顯示全部樓層
Maybe the North-South of the Cube not well aligned
(due to the compass not pointing excatly celestrial-N, or an adjacent iron has affected the compass).

I guess this can be corrected manually by shifting the azimuth of the tripod (not using the handset) until it is visually okay. Just a thoght of trial & error, as I have the Cube also.
 樓主| 發表於 2010-6-4 20:16:17 | 顯示全部樓層
It's accurate, what I'm trying to do is to instruct the mount to put the scope on the other side... feels like meridian flip of GEM, I want the scope to be on the other side.
發表於 2010-6-5 12:14:00 | 顯示全部樓層
I tried to play as you described, also cheated the Cube by swapping N-S or E-W in the Telescope Setup Menu but failed.  The cube does not go for any object below horizon.

BTW, just my curiosity, Cube is vitually an auto conversion from RA/Dec to Azm/Alt unit. we just use the handset to slew an object near meridian between either (E or W) side. It is unlike to an equatorial mount which has the central pillar obstruction.
 樓主| 發表於 2010-6-5 15:04:06 | 顯示全部樓層
Yes, from the auto conversion of RA/Dec to/from Alt/az  point of view, it's just not as simple as left or right... so I guess I better hack the other side (the black disc side) to carry the scope.
 樓主| 發表於 2010-6-6 16:00:32 | 顯示全部樓層
Finally, I hacked the other side of the mount like this:

http://osastrolog.blogspot.com/2 ... n-cube-refined.html

And it's quite successful, the tracking is stable enough for imaging!
20100606-1520.jpg
您需要登錄後才可以回帖 登錄 | 申請討論區帳戶

本版積分規則

Archiver|手機版|小黑屋|香港天文學會

GMT+8, 2024-4-26 07:56 , Processed in 0.012377 second(s), 19 queries .