找回密碼
 申請討論區帳戶
查看: 10071|回復: 7

Clean up Telescope lens help

[複製鏈接]
發表於 2009-9-7 12:19:44 | 顯示全部樓層 |閱讀模式
Dear All,

I just received a C8 from a friend, as he don't want to keep it any more.
It was staying in his store room for years. I found that there's fungus
grew inside the front lens. & may be a few spots on the primary mirror.
Can anyone suggest a service centre for me to clean it up?

Thx!

Jo
發表於 2009-9-8 00:32:45 | 顯示全部樓層
Probably there is no “service centre” in HK, as most dealers are not favor in “after-sales-service”. As a user, you better learn to clean up C8 yourself. It is not so difficult to do provided you are the kind of DIY:

Basic awareness
1. Take off the front label ring with screwdriver.
2. Mark the glass lens (corrector) with pencil or whatever to identify its orientation, front/back side.
3. Remove the lens and the rim inserts from tube body carefully (not to break the glass !)
4. Clean the lens with distilled water and wip dry with clean cotton handkerchief.
5. Similar thoughts to clean the mirror ....

The rest can be worked out at your own. Remember to put the lens back in original orientation + front/back side. Also the star collimation after repair, which can be done with the 3 set-screws on the secondary mirror holder.

AC
 樓主| 發表於 2009-9-8 08:24:24 | 顯示全部樓層
Thx! Alan, I know all the dealer in HK is not favor on after service, just thinking about any technician able to help. I did try the way that u're suggested b4. but I found out the lens is firmly stick onto the tube. I dare not force it too much to pull it out. Should I just pul it out strictly?

Jo
發表於 2009-9-8 19:02:56 | 顯示全部樓層
It really needs guts to take the glass plate (corrector) out !

Perhaps you lay some soft & thick buffer material on floor. Have the tube upside down and pull/shake the glass plate out manually with "some" force.  I can't say how much the force is. Good luck if the glass not broken.   

(I recalled some years ago, Eric Ng & I pulled out the C14 front glass for scope cleaning.  A horrifying experience    Luckily we didn't break the glass.)

AC

[ 本帖最後由 mca 於 2009-9-8 21:15 編輯 ]
 樓主| 發表於 2009-9-8 19:58:45 | 顯示全部樓層
Thx for encouraging! I was the kind of person dare to adventure anything else. Just need some wise guys back up as age accumulated!   I'll try, wait for my good new ( or bad news, who knows?).

Cheers,
Jo
發表於 2009-9-8 22:15:17 | 顯示全部樓層
給你看一些東西,我三年前發的帖
肢解 C14
http://bbs.astron.ac.cn/viewthre ... p;extra=&page=1

如果遇到困難,歡迎你帶鏡出席我們的觀星營,我拆給你看
 樓主| 發表於 2009-9-9 09:03:11 | 顯示全部樓層
歎為觀止!感謝 Alan 兄的耐心賜教!
有這番鼓勵,定當小心嘗試!
感激不盡!

有時間希望能參與你們的觀星營交流一下!
謝謝!
 樓主| 發表於 2009-9-9 10:08:57 | 顯示全部樓層
感謝 newcanon 兄的內容豐富的舊貼,獲益良多!大開眼界!
會嘗試依從指示去改善得來的寶物!
謝謝!
您需要登錄後才可以回帖 登錄 | 申請討論區帳戶

本版積分規則

Archiver|手機版|小黑屋|香港天文學會

GMT+8, 2024-4-20 22:24 , Processed in 0.011828 second(s), 16 queries .